OSBA On-Line Criminal Background Check Service For Class B and E Licences
Criminal Background Checks NOW AVAILABLE to submit electronically (on-line) to the Ministry of Transportation (MTO)!
As of January 1, 2017 criminal background checks required by MTO for Class B and E licences are no longer being conducted through DriveTest, ServiceOntario Centres or the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Security Enquiries Unit email address. To assist individual applicants, OSBA is pleased to offer this on-line criminal background check service in partnership with Sterling Talent Solutions.
For only $29 (+ HST) per application, this on-line service will allow individual applicants to complete a criminal background check from any location (with an internet connection) through the link below. NOTE: This is NOT a Vulnerable Sector Verification (VSV); VSV’s are only available in-person from a local police service.
BENEFITS of OSBA's on-line background check service:
- Results provided within one (1) business day
- Electronic transfer (by applicant) to the MTO (and others) eliminating the need to mail-in results to MTO Driver Improvement Office via mail or courier.
- Most comprehensive criminal background check available.
- Convenient, on-line experience – no travel time for applicants, no waiting in police department lobbies, no paying for parking.
- No delays or lost documents due to mailing in results to MTO.
- Tamperproof results.
- Applicants receiving a clean or confirmed result do not need to visit their local police service to fulfill MTO requirements for Class B and E licences (a VSV may still be required for school board/transportation consortia requirements).
- Maximum security and tracking of applicant results.
- Compliance with federal and provincial privacy protection requirements.
- Simplified record management for both applicants and administrators - results are stored and archived online and remain retrievable at a later date, even after submission to the MTO.
- OSBA discounted rate for all applicants (cheaper than rates charged by most police services).
The following is a snapshot of the application and results process:
- Click on the link below to create your personal account and log in credentials.
- Log in to the application process with your new user credentials to complete your consent form and provide the mandated personal details in order for the check to be completed.
- Verify your identity. Most candidates will be able to do so online, although a very small number may be asked to go to their nearest Canada Post outlet to complete the identification step (no additional charges).
- You will be notified of your completed result within one business day. You may then log in to your account to view, confirm and share that result with the MTO. For more details about the various results, click here.